Break-ups are bummers, no doubt about it. After all, it is always hard to end something that you have invested plenty of time, effort and emotions in especially when you have truly, deeply and madly been in love with your ex-girlfriend. (We are assuming that you are a man reading this advice article but the nuggets of wisdom contained herein can also apply to the women audience. Just change the girlfriend to boyfriend and you are all set)
Well, who says that your love affair has to end? You can always get your ex-girlfriend back if and when you put your heart and soul into it. Plus, you should know how not to and how to go about it.
Let’s start with the don’ts for obvious reasons. Once you have the mistake of committing any of the following don’ts, you will have a more difficult time achieving your happy ever after reconciliation.
* Don’t tell them like a broken record how much you love her. She knows about it already but she does not a stalker either.
* Don’t apologize for your past transgressions and then, in the same breath, promise that you will change. If she is intelligent, she will know that a leopard cannot change spots overnight.
* Don’t manipulate her feelings by using children, money and, worse, jealousy to see your point of view. Otherwise, your plan will backfire like a rocket on steroids.
* Don’t argue and reason with your ex-girlfriend to come back to your arms. You will almost certainly get nowhere since feelings, not logic, are the most involved part of ourselves when it comes to relationships.
Again, all of these actions will backfire sooner than later. And by that time, it may be too late to salvage whatever was left of the relationship.
Instead, here are the things that you should do in order to get your ex back. Just remember that your specific actions will vary according to the personality of your ex and the level of your relationship before the break-up.
* Do improve on yourself in the physical and mental sense. Confidence is very sexy, indeed, and it is a trait that you must develop in yourself before pursuing your lady love. Work on your body and on your mind so that she may see you in a different light and, hopefully, become attracted to you once again.
* Do keep your distance for the first few days after the break-up. Give both yourselves the time to be alone, miss each other and realize the value of the relationship.
* Do reach out to her first when you think that the time is ripe for reconciliation. But be sure that the first few meetings are lighthearted so that you can be on speaking terms again. You can get all hot and heavy, in a manner of speaking, when you are both ready to talk.
* Do court her again but hold off on the promises. Just be on your best behavior and you should be just fine.
In all these lists of dos and don’ts, always remember that the path towards reconciliation may not exactly be paved with roses. You will encounter the occasional bump, pothole and thorn along the way but if you can hang in there, your sweet reconciliation is just around the corner.
Click here first to check out this website before you take the next steps towards winning them back.